NCMIC Presents Risk Management Case Studies- Claims Overview
This course will enlighten the attendees on the current trends of malpractice claims. Case studies will be reviewed which will allow the attendee to identify and adapt to potential risks that could have been avoided by identifying, assessing and using strategies to manage risk in caring for the patient.
Time will be spent going over multiple cases. Heidi will discuss the basics of malpractice and will help define the 4 elements in a malpractice case. Duty owed, breach of that duty, proximate cause and damages.
We will discuss board related grievances and how this may affect malpractice claims. Time will also be spent on the “me too” movement and the impact this has on physicians and potential board grievances.
- Identify potential risks that could be avoided by identifying, assessing and using strategies to manage risk in caring for the patient.
- Discuss the basics of malpractice
- Define the 4 elements in a malpractice case
- Discuss board related grievances and how this may affect malpractice claims
• In order to take advantage of this course, you must register before October 22, 2020 @ 1pm, Eastern Time.
• If you are unable to attend the live presentation, the webinar will be recorded.
• You will only be able to access the recorded webinar if you have registered before 1pm, ET on October 22.
• The recorded webinar will be accessible to those who have registered until November 22, 2020.
• After November 22, the recording will be removed from the course.
• In order to earn CE credits, you must watch the presentation and successfully complete the assessment of learning before November 22.
Heidi Bevis, SCLA
As a Litigation Consultant, Heidi is responsible for supervising claim files and training/mentoring claims representatives to become self-sufficient with their assigned authority. She reviews the medical documents and retains medical experts, along with conducting research as needed. She works with our insureds, defense counsel, claimants and claimants’ counsel. Her duties involve mentoring, evaluating and directing the legal counsel employed for the defense of the insured’s claim, as well as attending court-ordered appearances and mediations. She helps direct the claims representatives in their daily handling of their claim files.
Heidi joined the company in 1990 and has worked in the claims environment for over 20 years. She graduated from Simpson College with her degree in Business Management and a minor in Human Resources.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|