Do You See ME? Ableism and Ageism in Healthcare
Patients with advancing age or disability have been severely impacted by the rapid changes taking place in the healthcare arena, particularly in the aftermath of COVID-19. Education and training resources available to chiropractic physicians to improve their understanding of and sensitivity towards their patients with disabilities or advancing age are sorely lacking, especially in light of pending changes in Medicare. This webinar will bring chiropractic physicians a heightened awareness of the many challenges faced by their patients with advancing age or disability and give them tips to learn how to address them with their patients in their practices. Read an interview with Dr. Konarski-Hart on the ACA Blog.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Identify the demographics of populations affected by age and/or disability
- Discuss the challenges of patients of advancing age or disability in the healthcare arena and gain a better understanding of the issues
- Interpret differences in history/exam/treatment/health issues/documentation of patients with disability or advancing age
The following states require the participant to enter the course approval number on their certificate:
- California: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for California approved courses.
- Missouri: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for Missouri approved courses.
Dr. Konarski-Hart earned a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the National College of Chiropractic and Diplomate status in chiropractic orthopedics from Parker College of Chiropractic. She holds a Master’s Degree in Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management from Arkansas State University, is a licensed EMT and holds many specialty certificates in emergency care. She was a governor's appointee to the Arkansas Board of Health and the first doctor of chiropractic to serve as its president. She currently practices in Little Rock, Arkansas.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|