How to Hire and Manage Associate Doctors
Recorded On: 03/11/2021
In this four-part course, you will learn how to identify an associate, create a contract while navigating necessary state and local regulations, and integrate their path to success with that of your clinic.
This course will:
- Provide you with the tools to hire and formulate the contract with your new associate. (Module 1)
- Provide you with steps to onboard your new associate, items needed in the job description, and how to successfully lay the foundation for employee success. (Module 2)
- Teach you how to define and implement performance metrics in your clinic while communicating and coaching associates to get the results you want. (Module 3)
- Walk you through how to develop a clinic policy manual, train your care team on consistent procedures in the chiropractic office, and consider your options for liability insurance. (Module 4)
After completing Module 1, Hiring an Associate Doctor, you will be able to:
- Identify the steps to find and hire an associate doctor.
- Identify the 10 key items that should be addressed when forming an associate contract.
- Find the local and state regulations that are necessary when creating an associate contract.
After completing Module 2, Onboarding an Associate Doctor, you will be able to:
- Identify the steps to onboard an associate doctor.
- Identify the key items to include in an associate doctor’s job description.
- Successfully lay the foundation for employee success.
After completing Module 3, Performance-Based Management and Incentivization of an Associate, you will be able to:
- Define and implement performance metrics in your clinic.
- Communicate and coach associates effectively to get your desired results.
- Create, define and implement financial impacts linked to performance.
After completing Module 4, Managing the Liabilities and Risks of Hiring a Care Delivery Team, you will be able to:
- Develop a clinic policy manual to include policies pertaining to employee conduct and professionalism.
- Define and train your care team on consistent procedures in the chiropractic office.
- Describe the different options and decisions that need to be made when choosing different liability insurances.
The target audience for this course is the Doctor of Chiropractic in private practice, doctors practicing in multi-clinic systems, chiropractic students, and the Doctor of Chiropractic early in their career. This course is not eligible for CE credit.
Jennifer Rathmann, DC
Doctor of Chiropractic, VP of Clinical Excellence
Tuck Chiropractic Clinic
Dr. Jennifer Rathmann serves as Tuck Chiropractic Clinic’s VP Of Clinical Excellence. As VP of Clinical Excellence, Dr. Rathmann is focused on clinical quality, clinical care development for doctors within the areas of guidelines and standards compliance, documentation, coding and billing, and outcome measures reporting. In addition, Dr. Rathmann coordinates all intra-professional collaborative activities for clinical quality and improvement.
Dr. Rathmann completed her undergraduate degree at State University of New York at Fredonia and completed her Doctor of Chiropractic degree at the National College of Chiropractic in Chicago, Illinois. She joined Tuck Chiropractic Clinic in 1999 and is currently a Senior Partner. She treats all patients including those with low back pain, neck pain, and headaches. She is also fully qualified to perform acupuncture. Dr. Rathmann sees patients in Tuck Chiropractic’s Blacksburg and Roanoke-Brandon Ave offices.
Ray Tuck, DC
President and CEO, Tuck Chiropractic Clinic
Dr. Tuck is a graduate of the National University of Health Sciences and has practiced in southwest Virginia since graduating in 1997. As a second-generation chiropractor, he is very passionate about advancing and integrating chiropractic as a part of the healthcare team through quality care delivery and patient satisfaction. Tuck has served in multiple leadership roles over the years including past president of the Virginia Chiropractic Association, past executive director and board member of the Association for the History of Chiropractic, and on numerous local non-profit boards. In addition, he has been the recipient of the Blacksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce small business person of the year and the VCA's Chiropractor of the year. Currently, he serves on the ACA Board of Governors and on the Virginia Board of Medicine. Locally, he serves on his county Economic Development Authority which helps work with local industry improving the local economy. Tuck is president of Tuck Chiropractic Clinic, which is a group practice with eleven locations throughout southwest Virginia.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|