Integrated Care Pathways Series
Integrated Care Pathways is a three-part series that introduces possible ways a chiropractic doctor may work closely with a hospital or medical team. The series will cover possible pathways, how to work with the medical model, communicating with other doctors and, finally, problem solving for those tough cases.
Integrated Care Pathways Part 1: Possible Pathways
Part one of this three-part series will provide an overview and case study on how DC’s can develop the strategies and create a process to begin collaborating with medical doctors in a hospital setting.
- Illustrate through a case study the benefits and implementation strategies of integrated care pathways an existing clinical environment.
- Evaluate what a Chiropractic doctor needs to know before contacting hospitals.
- Discuss how Chiropractors can start the process of reaching out to hospitals.
- Evaluate what hospitals are looking for when integrating with Chiropractors.
Integrated Care Pathways Part 2: Integration and Support
Part two of this three-part series dives deeper into how DC’s can integrate care within the medical model and how to communicate and implement strategies to develop a successful collaborative pathway.
- Discuss how to work with the medical model.
- Explain how to communicate to other doctors within the integrated medical setting.
- Implement strategies to develop a successful care pathway.
Integrated Care Pathways Part 3: Challenges and Solutions
The final part of this series will explore challenges and solutions that DC’s may face when developing pathways for care in the hospital setting.
- Discuss potential barriers DC’s can encounter when working in the hospital setting.
- Discuss how to develop a niche within the medical model.
- Explain how DC’s can gain trust from other medical providers within the hospital setting.
- Assess how credentialing plays a role in the medical model.
(3 CE credits)
The following states require the participant to enter the course approval number on their certificate:
Missouri: Please view this list for the course approval number and category(s) for this course.
Founder and Executive Director
Dr. Jason Moss, DC, CFE, is the president and founder of MyoCore. He received his doctorate from Cleveland Chiropractic College and his bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology from the University of Iowa. He is certified in NBCE physiotherapy, as well as a certified functional evaluator (CFE). He was named a candidate for fellow of the American Board of Disability Analysts. Dr. Moss is an adjunct faculty member at Cleveland and a guest lecturer for the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine’s integrative medical department.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|