Killing Pain for the Win: Chiropractic Management of Athletes in the Wake of America’s Opioid Crisis
Join Dr. Spencer Baron as he examines what chiropractors can learn from understanding the mindset of an athlete, from pee wee to pro, and applying their training to athletes. This course is designed to teach doctors of chiropractic how to leverage their drug-free skills in the athletic arena, how to demonstrate and discuss the benefits of chiropractic care for athletes, how to manage concussions and injuries without the use of opioids, and more. Dr. Baron will also briefly discuss why the spotlight on opioid abuse in athletics is not as bright as that one shown on the larger opioid epidemic in America.
After taking this course, registrants will be able to
- Identify and better understand how they can apply chiropractic to athletes and athletic injuries
- Recognize and explain how chiropractic care can help reduce opioid abuse in athletes
- Defend the benefits of chiropractic care to athletes, their families, their coaches, and their agents
- Discuss why opioid abuse in athletes is not as widely examined as the larger American opioid epidemic
The following states require the participant to enter the course approval number on their certificate:
- California: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for California approved courses.
- Missouri: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for Missouri approved courses.
Dr. Spencer Baron has been practicing for 32 years. In 2016, he was selected to the sports medicine staff of NOVA University.
He delights in his previous appointments as the Team Chiropractic Physician for the Miami Dolphins (19 seasons) and with the Florida Marlins (1997 – 2011). Additionally, he’s treated Major League Baseball’s, New York Mets, San Francisco Giants, Colorado Rockies, Milwaukee Brewers and the NHL, Florida Panthers.
Dr. Baron was one of the ﬁrst chiropractor’s in South Florida to be granted hospital staff privileges at two different locations in 1992.
Dr. Baron published, “Secrets of the Game – What superstar athletes can teach you about health, peak performance and getting results.”
He is a Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (only 370 in the world)
His commitment to the profession has led him to create DoCS: (Doctors of Chiropractic: SPORTS). A National, non-proﬁt organization that promotes the profession - www.doc-sports.com
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|