Learning the Language of Coding
Recorded On: 06/16/2020
Proper application of coding (CPT/HCPCS, ICD-10 and Modifiers) is essential for practice success! Join this session to discuss the fundamentals of coding and why and how we must be confident in our code selections and application.
Clean and correct coding is part of the framework for practices to:
-Communicate to necessary parties
-Minimize risk of denial and audit
-Get paid properly by payors
-Be effective and efficient with billing systems
Remember, getting paid doesn’t mean we get to keep these payments, particularly if the result of coding related errors! Together, let’s walk through the language of coding and identify common coding errors, coding challenges and action steps for improved code selection!
• Illustrate confidence in your code application and billing systems
• Apply a solid footing on the foundation of coding, a must-have for practice revenue cycle, risk management and cash flow
• Identify and fix coding and billing errors BEFORE payors do
The following states require the participant to enter the course approval number on their certificate:
- California: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for California approved courses.
- Missouri: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for Missouri approved courses.
President of www.CHelpDesk.com
Brandy Brimhall has served chiropractic since 1999. She has served multiple roles in the practice for the small practice, multiple practices and multi-discipline practices. Through her experience, she found her passion to be in coding/billing, compliance and practice administration.
Brandy has presented seminars and/or webinars for many chiropractic state associations, chiropractic colleges and many organizations that serve chiropractic. She has also been featured in a number of chiropractic publications.
She has achieved professional certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Medical Compliance Officer (CMCO), Certified ChiroCode Chiropractic Coder (CCCPC), Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO), and Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA).
Brandy is the President of www.CHelpDesk.com
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|