Neurology of the Posture System
- Non-member - $40
- Student/Other - $10
- Member - $20
- GAC - Free!
The purpose of this presentation by Dr. Krista Burns, DC, is to illustrate the neurology of the Posture System, provide evidence-based research of how "Tech Neck" posture is impacting brain and physical function, and to demonstrate brain-based postural correction strategies that Doctors of Chiropractic can integrate into their clinical treatment plans. With the rampant decline of posture from being on smartphones and seated workers at their computers, this is a relevant and timely presentation. "Tech Neck" is a public health concern in the digital age that is impacting the quality of lives of adolescents and adults.
1) Analyze postural distortion patterns from a brain-based perspective.
2) Defend how Tech Neck Posture impacts brain and physical function.
3) Perform brain-based postural correction exercises to stimulate specific parts of the brain and implement with treatment plans
The following states require the participant to enter the course approval number on their certificate:
- California: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for California approved courses.
- Missouri: View the list of course approval numbers and categories for Missouri approved courses.
American Posture Institute
Dr. Krista Burns is a Certified Postural Neurologist, Certified Posture Expert, and Doctor of Chiropractic. She is the Co-founder of the American Posture Institute and has helped thousands of students in more than 35 countries worldwide. She is a highly sought after international speaker, speaking at conferences such as the World Congress of Neurology and the International Chronic Diseases Conference. As the author of the textbook, “The Posture Principles” her goal is to inspire audiences worldwide to understand the importance of posture. Posture is declining at the speed of technology; Dr. Krista provides modern day postural correction solutions to improve neurologic function, energy expenditure for increased productivity, and longevity of vitality.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|