Upon completion of the Clinic Management On-Demand Learning Series, the learner will become knowledgeable on the following topics:
· Verification of Benefits: Understand the necessary components of a properly executed verification of benefits and know instances when certain special questioning is needed.
· Appeals: Understand the importance of appeals (including ERISA) and the basic process and follow through needed for optimum chances of overturning a denial.
· Self-Audits: Be able to apply the information provided in order to help ensure necessary components of medical records are in place and self-audits are performed.
· HIPAA: Be able to identify whether their clinic is in compliance with HIPAA’s basic changes, and will understand both consequences of a breach and notification requirements.
· Provider contracts: Be equipped to confidently review and understand essential portions of provider contracts and what questions to ask of payers.
Former Senior Director, Payment Policy
American Chiropractic Association